Friday, February 11, 2011

You can't win

Nidhi loves her fried egg sunny side up. Not surprisingly she loves runny egg yolk. I'm thinking of a quick dinner tonight since we were late getting back from the dentist.

Me: Would you like fried egg or fish fingers?
4yo: Fried egg. But don't give me 4 pieces of bread, just give me 2.
Me: Why?
4yo: Because by the time I eat 2 pieces, it gets over.
Me: What gets over?
4yo: The dip (she means the runny yolk into which she dips the bread)
Me: Well, you've got to eat the white part then. You can't just eat the yolk and leave the rest. I'm not going to make a fried egg. I'm making an omelette.
4yo: Ok, I'll have fish fingers.

2 comments:

S A said...

Curious to know, what did you prepare finally? Gave in to Nidhi's wishes...

Me & Ro said...

I made fish fingers, as that is what I wanted her to have in the first place :-0