Friday, September 03, 2010

Tidbits from India visit

Nidhi to Mummy who is emerging after a bath, having just arrived home from the airport

3yo: When you were taking a bath, I was talking to Bombay papa (her grandpa).
M: (a little incredulous) Is it?
3yo: Yes, I was asking Bombay papa a lot of questions.
M: (trying to imagine how that conversation must have gone) Is it? And what did Bombay papa say?
3yo: Bombay papa said "mmm"


Nidhi on seeing her grandpa in a lungi

3yo: Mummy, why is Bombay papa not wearing any clothes?


Nidhi watches me with my mother for a while before stating:

3yo: I saw that Bombay mummy is as old as you
M: And how did you see that?
3yo: She is as tall as you


When staying with my sister at Cochin I often borrowed her clothes to wear. One night I was in the dimmed out bedroom where Nidhi had been put to sleep. I was folding some clothes when I saw her watching me through half-closed eyes for a long time, saying nothing (v unusual).

M: What is it Tochi?
3yo: (eyes wide open) Mummy, who are you?

2 comments:

S A said...

Nice tidbits, loved the logic on getting older!

Me & Ro said...

Yeah it's cute. She now understands that after 18yrs one doesn't grow any bigger, just older!