Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Conversations with a 3 year old - 4

Nidhi, watching a car drive away from our apartment block

3yo: Whose car is that mummy?
M: It's the people living downstairs, in No.1
3yo: What is their names mummy?
M: I don't know, I've never spoken to them
3yo: Why dint you speak to them mummy?
M: Because they're never around. They leave early for work, and come back late in the evening.
3yo (thinking about this): Are they men?
M: No, there's one man and one lady
3yo: But you are a lady and you don't work
M: I work at home, I look after you. I used to work before, when you weren't there.
3yo: Is it when I was in your tummy?
M: No, before that, when you were with God.
3yo: (after thinking for a bit): So, when I grow up and go outside all by myself, then will you go for work?
M: Hmm, I might
3yo (after thinking for a bit): So, the people in No.1, their child is not there
M: Yes, you're right, they don't have any children

1 comment:

S A said...

So many doubts at this age! Wonder what all will Nidhi ask when she goes to school!