Saturday, May 15, 2010

Conversations with a 3 year old - 3

While waiting at an estate agent's office

3 yr old: Mummy, why do you have pimples?
Mummy: Because I'm getting old.
3yo: Why do you have white hair?
M: Because I'm getting old.
3yo: Why are you getting old?
M: Because people do, that's how it is.
3yo: Why, mummy?
M: Ask your teachers at school.
3yo (after a lot of thought and staring at mummy's head): When you are 34 yrs old will your hair be fully white?
M: &*^%$#@ (at this rate, probably YES)


After her 1st visit session at pre-school

Mummy: Did you enjoy school today?
3 yo: Yes I did
M: What did you like the most?
3 yo: Nobody took the toys I was playing with. All the children shared their toys with me. Everyone was very nice to me.


Answering the phone

Sometimes when Nidhi rushes to answer the phone at home, her dad would have picked up the parallel line in the other room. She listens in to a bit of the conversation, and then replaces the phone, and tells me who daddy was talking to and what they were saying. One day she answered the phone when her dad called home from work.

Mummy: Say hello
3yo: (replaces the receiver)
M: Who was it?
3yo: It was daddy and only daddy, and daddy was talking to himself.


1 comment:

S A said...

Lovely titbits, didi! Enjoyed them a lot. Was wondering when will I to get to hear such nuggets from Hani.

Keep writing, didi! Now that Nidhi has started for school, you shud be having time to write some.