Thursday, September 23, 2010

Conversations with God

We've been in the habit of saying prayers (usually the Lord's prayer followed by a blessing for everyone in the family) for a long while now. Lately I thought I must encourage Nidhi to make her own prayers. So I ask her to think of things 1) to thank God for 2) to say sorry for 3) to ask God for 4) anything else she'd like to say

Some of her prayers:

Dear God, Thank you for Saturday and Sunday so that we can have lots of sweets and chocolates (she is allowed sweets only on weekends).

Dear God, thank you for the places like hotels where we can go and stay and have lovely food. And thank you for vehicles like trains and cars so that we can go to far away places. (After the church weekend away)

(Is there anything about school you would like to thank God for)
Thank you for the outside so that we can play.
(Is there anything you dont like about school?)
Yes, I dont like the school building. No, I dont mind it. Actually, I like everything about school.

Thank you for making Amma so that I can talk to her.


1 comment:

S A said...

So sweet n cute! Hani imitates praying. He joins his hands together and says gibberish and at the end, says Amen.
Lately, if he find his Lion and Elephant toy around, he says to them as well, "parthikku (pray)" during pray time.