Thursday, September 28, 2006

Anthropomorphism

I came across the word while searching for synonyms of 'personification' during yet another hunt for a good title. I struggled with 'Sporty Potatoes', 'Vegetables with Character' and a few others before I gave up and settled for this. No idea where I'm going with this? Make a trip down a supermarket aisle and you'll know.

Can you guess who is 'A great all-rounder with fantastic versatality'. No, not Kapil Dev, not even Wasim Akram. Its a humble British White Potato. Not kidding, that's how the description on the label reads :)

Supermarkets in UK are getting real innovative with their product differentiation. The first time I came here I was surprised to find so many varieties of fruits and vegetables. I mean, how many kinds of tomatoes, potatoes and onions do u get in India? An onion is just an onion there!

So it goes with eggs. Do u know what free range eggs are? Well as per TESCO's label again these are - Fresh eggs laid by hens with FREEDOM TO ROAM OUTDOORS during the day. The emphasis is their's not mine :)

So these days this is how I amuse myself.

This week hasn't been good - have been going thru a low, physically and emotionally, for no reason in particular. I have noticed that these ups and downs have been striking me fairly regularly so I just put it down to hormones now. I'm learning to accept it rather than fight it. Makes it that much easier to deal with.

News this week is that my test results are in and all is normal with the blood tests although haemoglobin has fallen a point since March (12.1 now). Other tests revealed a UTI and I have been asked to repeat the test before I'm put onto antibiotics. I dint want to have to take any medication during my pg. I know we're prescribed safe drugs and all but still. Awaiting the second test results which going by history will not be very soon. Incidentally I wouldnt have known abt the UTI but for my persistence in being told the results right away rather than wait for the appointment next week. And this after everyone insisting that IF there were something abnormal THEY would get in touch with you. Do you think after this I'd recommend the NHS to anybody? Never.

Rashmi's had a baby girl. I got to know just today though the baby arrived on Sept 8. She sent across some pictures and methinks the angel has her mom's sexy pout. Told her as much :)

Made some interesting black eyed beans curry today and have decided to post links to my favorite recipes on my blog. That way its not a trouble to remember.

No comments: