Monday, October 09, 2006

It's a GIRL !!!!

:) I've ALWAYS wanted to make that announcement, and since we know already I dint want to wait until Feb. I realise I've been referring to 'her' in all my posts but we got the definite confirmation only at the scan last week (5th Oct).

This was our second and last scan and, like everyone told me, the last time we get to see bubs this way - the beating heart and all. I did think the first scan was more exciting cos we dint know what to expect and we could see all of her in one screen. She also had a whole lot of space to move around and made these big movements. This time however we saw her in parts and though we could make out she was moving around it wasnt as big as last time. But the motions I feel inside me now more than make up for all that loss of excitement at the scan. Now even Rohan's been able to sense them several times :) The results of the scan are that all is normal and she's growing in there just fine, praise God.

I set off the smoke alarm the other day at home, no, not a fire in the kitchen, just a "smoking" egg strata. At first I just couldn't place where that LOUD beep beep was coming from. I thought I'd set something off in the oven by turning it off all of a sudden. I thought the oven was gonna explode or something (jeez!). When I finally figured the source I panicked at the thought of not being able to shut down the sound in time and having my front door broken down by security staff or worse, firefighters!! Nothing all that dramatic happened, and I managed to shut it off by pushing my fingers into all possible buttons on the alarm. So much for a relaxing snack!!

My second test's come out normal (what's going on here?) so I dont need to start on any antibiotics, which is a relief.

Nothing else has been happening except that the days are getting shorter here and I'm already dreading December :(

No comments: