Monday, September 04, 2006

Four months today

I've completed four months today and got Ro to take a picture to commemorate the event :) Also to capture the now-so-evident bump! Over the past couple of weeks I've had more than one person taking a second look, guessing, congratulating, some even outright asking - hey, are u ??

Yesterday, yes Sunday, we had our first (finally) antenatal appointment. I assume they are running the clinic on Sunday to clear the backlog. It was convinient however for us since Ro could attend w/o havin to miss office.

The appointment lasted over an hour with general social and medical history being recorded. I got to be weighed - 58.5kgs, that's 2kgs since the start of the pg. Good to know that :) Also, got to hear bubs heartbeat, not a thud-thud sound we normally associate it with, but more a whush-whush kinda beat :) Nice to know its ticking alright in there. EDD is also now re-calculated at 10th Feb 2007.

I've got a blood test coming up this week and owing to diabetes running in the family got to do that annoying fasting sugar test. Got to report at the hospital at 0845 hours!! At that hour on usual mornings I'm sipping bed tea made by loving hubby. Perhaps this could be an occasion to discipline my mornings. I've kinda got the night time routine in place - shower at 10.30 followed by milk, bible-reading, prayers and bed soon after.

Past 2 days I've been surfing food blogs, there are some real kitchen geniuses out there. Trying to convince myself cooking is an acquired skill, my earlier theory used to be that one is born a good cook (but those were the days I thot I was one those natural ones!)

Check out one of my favorites - Spicehut - with links to other food blogs as well.

1 comment:

S A said...

Your blog indicates that you are enjoying every moment and every stage of pregnancy.Enjoy didi, being a mother!