Thursday, July 22, 2021

Just like that

Nidhi needed some reflections to share in her church youth group session this weekend so I was looking up old blogposts. What a wonderful time I have had reading and remembering what my children were like when younger and how I rue the fact that I have not maintained this blog as much as I should have :(

While I'm here I would just like to make note of few things I still remember about them.

When Ari was younger, he thought that saying the phrase 'ladies first' allows you to go first in a queue. He often cut in front of his sister with the words 'Ah ah ah, ladies first', not understanding why that made us break out in laughter :)

This past week he told his Year 4 teacher that he would do an extra lesson in Maths in place of RSE (Relationship and Sex Education) because in RSE lessons they told them about the genitals of both genders! :)

He still has a heart of gold, he can't stay angry for very long and is always the first to make up after a fight. That does not mean that he stops whatever misdemeanor he was punished for. At 9 years, I still don't know how to discipline my young lad.

He annoys his sister by whistling - she hates the sound - but prefers her to me or Rohan as a playmate.

Nidhi is 14, and is so independent now. She goes out to meet her friends, makes us pasta for lunch and even fixes a sandwich dinner for her brother when I am feeling unwell. She loves art and her talent has grown exponentially this past year. We are so glad she has found something she truly enjoys.


No comments: