Wednesday, November 03, 2010

With dad

Rohan (to Nidhi): I love you more than there are birds in the sky
3yo (to dad): I love you more than there are cows in the ground

R: I love you more than there are stars in the sky
3yo (to dad): I love you more than there are moons.... umm... more than there are ducks in the river

R: I love you more than there are pebbles on the beach
3yo (to dad): I love you more than there is sand in my school

R: I love you..
3yo: (jumping in before he can finish): I love you more than you love me



Rohan and me are sitting and Nidhi approaches us menacingly.
3yo: I am pretending to be a lion (she pronounces it line)
Me: To be a what?
3yo: A line
Me: It's not line, it's lion
3yo: To be a line
Me: Lie-yun
3yo: I am pretending to be a lie-yern
Me to Ro: You try
Ro: Tochi, it's lie-un
{By this point 3yo probably wants to tear us both apart}
Since she isn't saying anything I ask: What are you pretending to be?
3yo: (pause) A leopard

No comments: