Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Bibna aunty has a baby!!

Yesterday was such a happy day. Bibna has a baby boy born past noon India time via a normal delivery and from what I gather not a very prolonged labour, praise God.

Through the day I kept exclaiming what a happy day it was and when N gave me a strange look I had to explain it was because Bibna aunty has had a baby and that mummy is now an aunty. By the end of the day Nidhi was repeating the same thing to her dad :-)

She now knows to express herself so well. If I am on the phone for very long and she wants my attention , she grabs the telephone cable and goes "keep phone down". If daddy is reading a book and she wants someone to read to her, she goes and taps on his book and says "no reading, put it down". It is so charming that one cant help give in to her requests :-)

She wants to walk a lot when we go out and I dont like to deny her, I would hate being pushed around in a buggy all day. Today we walked a long way from Belmont Hill to Lewisham and she obediently held onto my hand and dint try to run onto the road at any time.

Her favorite song is Emerald City by The Seekers and her favorite cartoon is Charlie and Lola. She tries to sing along to Emerald City when it is playing and describes what C&L are upto while watching the program.

She now recognises numbers 1-5 and even pointed out the '1' in '10' today.

For some reason the past 2 weeks she has been acting fussy about emptying her bladder in the potty. I thought we were making good progress but now this. She runs to the farthest corner and protests very strongly if I suggest using the potty which is a far cry from when she used to follow me to the bathroom and pick up her potty herself when I suggested it. I'm not forcing her and am certain she will come around slowly. Maybe it is just a phase of asserting her independence. She refuses to sit on her chair for her meals, refuses to get dressed, to get undressed, to get into the bath, to get out of the bath, to sit in the buggy, so on and so forth. Yes, it may be all just a phase but that does not make it any easier when one is going through it!

No comments: